This yummy, healthy treat is filled with fiber for you and your friendly bacteria! It’s super simple to make and easy to customize to suit your taste!
6 C old fashion oats
2 C pecans, halved or lightly chopped
6 Tablespoons dark cocoa powder
¼ C coconut oil
½ C honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
Optional: Mix it up with chocolate chunks, fresh or freeze-dried strawberries, unsweetened and/or toasted coconut flakes, hemp seeds, pepitas – really any of your favorite fruits, nuts, and seeds!
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Stir together oats and pecans in a roasting pan or deep sheet tray.
- Heat the honey and coconut oil over the stove top or in the microwave, then whisk.
- Sift cocoa powder into honey/oil mixture and continue to whisk until smooth. Add vanilla and whisk.
- Pour honey mixture over oats and pecans and stir until coated evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy in milk or milk alternative, your favorite yogurt, or munch by the handful!