This yummy, healthy treat is filled with fiber for you and your friendly bacteria! Cocoa covered granola is super simple to make and easy to customize to suit your taste. Honey is used as the sweetener and can easily be adjusted to meet your family’s preference. Combine the power of fiber with Flourish and Flourish Junior to maximize your morning routine.
6 C old fashion oats
2 C pecans, halved or lightly chopped
6 Tablespoons dark cocoa powder
¼ C coconut oil
½ C honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
Optional: Mix it up with chocolate chunks, fresh or freeze-dried strawberries, unsweetened and/or toasted coconut flakes, hemp seeds, pepitas – really any of your favorite fruits, nuts, and seeds!
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Stir together oats and pecans in a roasting pan or deep sheet tray.
- Heat the honey and coconut oil over the stove top or in the microwave, then whisk.
- Sift cocoa powder into honey/oil mixture and continue to whisk until smooth. Add vanilla and whisk.
- Pour honey mixture over oats and pecans and stir until coated evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Let the cocoa covered granola cool and enjoy in milk or milk alternative, your favorite yogurt, or munch by the handful.